Ultrasound Guidance for Regenerative Medicine
Let our expertise save you valuable time and money – and help you start living better, faster.
When it comes to regenerative medicine, particularly with PRP and regenerative cellular treatments, the precise placement of injections is vital to the healing process. The positive effects of supercharging your body’s natural healing response are minimized if that response isn’t accurately targeted to the location of your injury.
While you may equate the use of ultrasounds with pregnancy, ultrasound is extremely useful for imaging superficial musculoskeletal structures. Portable, noninvasive and painless, the use of musculoskeletal ultrasound technology helps us see the anatomic muscular structure, accurately diagnose your injury and precisely guide your treatment to all the right places.
Guided Ultrasound Diagnosis And Treatment
Musculoskeletal ultrasound can be an amazing diagnostic and needle-guiding tool. However, it requires skill and practice to be proficient at evaluation and interpretation. At the Albano Clinic, we have used this technology since 2006 and believe our ultrasound expertise sets us apart.
The following benefits are just a few reasons why we prefer using ultrasound guidance for diagnosis and treatment.
- Noninvasive, painless and safe
- No ionizing radiation (used in X-rays and CT scans)
- Dynamic imaging that shows the real-time motion of tendons, muscles and joints
- Much less expensive than other imaging options (MRIs and CTs)
- Shows soft tissue very well
- Can be used on patients with pacemakers or as an alternative for claustrophobic patients
- Real-time imaging makes it the best tool for guiding injections and aspirations (withdrawing fluid)
Conditions That Benefit From Targeted Imaging
If you suffer from any of the following conditions, musculoskeletal ultrasound may be used for your diagnosis and treatment.
Muscle And Ligament Injuries
- Chronic Strain or Sprain
- Muscle Fibrosis (scarring)
- Acute Strain or Sprain
- Baker’s Cyst (behind the knee)
- Bleeding or other fluid collections within the muscles, bursae or joints
- Tendinosis and Tendon Tears
- Tennis Elbow
- Plantar Fasciosis
- Rotator Cuff
- Stress Fractures
- Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome (Shin Splints)
- Cartilage Problems
- Meniscal Tears
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (wrist)
- Cubital Tunnel syndrome (elbow)
- Including early changes of arthritis
Hand & Wrist Injuries
Foot & Ankle Injuries
O & P Shots
Stop giving restrictive injuries and debilitating pain control over your life.
With a little help from Dr. Joseph Albano and targeted orthopedic cellular treatments, you have the power to heal, feel stronger than before and return to the life you love.
Find out if Regenerative Orthopedics and Cell Therapy are right for you.